Geotechnical Investigation Services
GEOTECHNICAL INVESTIGATION DEPT. SUMMERY
What makes GULF INSPECTION INT’L CO (GIICO) different?
The answer is due to:
Value delivered. & GIICO always do more than just talk about value and GIICO demonstrate it.
GIICO is one of the strongest geotechnical & materials engineering resources & Topographic, marine, geophysics survey & drilling monitoring and water wells and industrial inspection in The Middle East Area.
With extensive drilling capabilities and one of the largest, in-house-owned equipment inventories in the nation, GIICO has the ability to explore onshore, nearshore, and offshore under any set of environmental or trafficability conditions. We combine sound local resources with GIICO’s international business to address the most complex of situations — or the simplest — with the goal of delivering an
It is worth mentioning about our civil Engineering consulting services. Our major specialty lies in geotechnical and foundation engineering; however, we have the capability and experts to provide related services in Civil, Environmental and Mechanical engineering. We are provided with all latest technologies to produce the best quality of design and reports using our 486 computers, digitizers, scanners & laser printers. We have a good number of sophisticated and latest geotechnical software’s to solve issues such as stability analysis, dewatering, site supports wave equation for piles, fortification, soil reinforcement system etc.
Geotechnical services include site investigation planning, sub surface exploration and in-situ tests (onshore & offshore), Geotechnical Instrumentation, soil Mechanics and Foundation, Engineering Analysis, Seepage and Ground water Studies, pile capacity calculations. WE also offer a wide range of geotechnical field works and lab testing works for different project needs. We carry out drilling and sampling for Environmental studies too.
GIICO has abundant resources, both manpower & equipment to the demands of each project needs, time constraints and different site conditions.
GIICO has complete laboratory facility to conduct all types of geotechnical laboratory tests to determine physical, electro chemical and strength properties of soil.
Geotechnical consulting is always recommended to be provided locally by an experiences and professional consulting firm. Our Technical staff of engineers and technicians is headed by qualified professionals of GIICO.
Our activities in Geotechnical Investigation works:
- Geotechnical consulting services
- Soil investigation and foundation engineering analysis ( Design analysis & soil/ structural interaction problems using PLAZIS software)
- Site Investigation planning
- Subsurface Exploration and insitu testing( Offshore & Onshore)
- Laboratory testing ( soil , concrete , cement , Asphalt, Aggregate, water)
- Geotechnical Instrumentation
- Engineering Geological Studies
- Design of Earth Retaining structure
- Building evaluation
- Seepage and Ground Water studies
- Slope stability analysis
- Civil Inspection
- Non Destructive testing ( concrete)
- Low strain pile integrity testing
- High stain dynamic pile testing
- Lateral displacement by inclinometer
- Pile load tests (third party witness)
As we hire and retain top- quality employees specialized in their area of work, we can provide experts in all areas related to geotechnical works
We have designed and administered hundred of Projects in Geotechnical/ Civil engineering works under most surface and subsurface conditions.
GIICO’S GOAL ALWAYS IS SAFETY FIRST
GIICO always providing the safest places to work in the geotechnical & materials engineering resources & Topographic, marine, geophysics survey & drilling monitoring and water wells and industrial inspection. We work together and take personal responsibility for the safety of ourselves and others.
To achieve this, GIICO employees strive to…
- Always act in a safe and responsible manner
- Lead by example and promote trust
- Intervene and welcome intervention from others
- Stop any activity we feel is unsafe or where control is being lost
- Accept responsibility for our actions
Geophysical survey methods produce non-intrusive results and can help manage unknown risks. It is particularly beneficial in understanding subsurface conditions and their impact on design and construction costs. Our professionals provide relevant and appropriate geophysical studies through applied knowledge of geophysical methods, geology and engineering.
- Archaeological Surveying
- Electrical Logging
- Geological Mapping
- Ground Penetrating Radar
- Pavement and Structural Investigations
- Pipeline Right-of-Way Surveys
- Sonic Integrity Logging
- Subsurface Hazard Detection
- Subsurface Utility Location
- Vibration Monitoring
To achieve this goal we need the following:
- Soft wares.
- Suitable equipments
- Technical staff.
- Standpipes (Ground water level)
- Standard Penetration Test (SPT)
- Cone Penetration Test (CPT)
- Dynamic Probing (DPH, DPSH)
- Dynamic Cone Pentration (DCP)
- Electrical Resistivity (Wenner 4-pin)
- Electromagnetic survey
- Cross-hole seismic survey
- Down-hole seismic survey
- Plate load test
- Cyclic Plate load test
- Vane shear test
- Pressuremeter test
- Infiltration Test
- In-situ (Field) CBR
- Thermal Resistivity
- Dip meter for GWL monitoring
- Thin Wall Tube sampling
- Core sampling
- Falling Head Permeability
- Rising Head Permeability
- In-situ density (sand replacement)